Kevin E. Huddell
Kevin E. Huddell has been a member of Jones Swanson since 2000. He focuses primarily on the fields of land damage and property rights litigation.
Not only has Kevin achieved numerous successes as an attorney, but he has also worked as a chemical and microbiological analyst and an environmental specialist at the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality. This unique background gives him an extraordinary depth of knowledge on the firm’s environmental cases. Kevin has been instrumental in legislative efforts with regard to Act 312, the framework governing “legacy litigation” procedures on oil and gas contamination cases. From 2013 to 2017, he worked on behalf of the Southeast Louisiana Flood Protection Authority–East to hold oil and gas companies accountable for their role in coastal land loss, as outlined in the action filed in July of 2013 styled Board of Commissioners of the Southeast Louisiana Flood Protection Authority–East et al. v. Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company, LLC, et al.
Kevin also assisted with matters in the firm’s commercial litigation practice.
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, LA, 2000, J.D., Certificate of Environmental Law
- University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS, 1991, B.S.
- Louisiana, State Courts of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member, Louisiana Association for Justice
- Member, American Association for Justice
- 2021 Biz New Orleans Top Lawyers
- 2021 Biz New Orleans Best Lawyers in New Orleans
- Named in Best Lawyers® peer-review publication for Environmental Litigation, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Named a "Top Lawyer" in Environmental Law, New Orleans Magazine, 2013-2014
REPRESENTATIVE ENVIRONMENTAL CASES
Sterling Sugars, Inc. v. BP American Production Company et al.
The Maryland Company, LLC v. ExxonMobil Corporation et al.
Doré Energy Corporation v. Carter-Langham, Inc., et al.
Fox et al. v. Cheminova, Inc., et al.
Stewart-Stirling One, LLC v. Tricon Global Rests., Inc.