Christopher W. Swanson
Christopher W. Swanson works from our New Orleans office, where he mainly handles environmental litigation. He has a background in complex commercial litigation and arbitration, and spent a year clerking for the Honorable Fredericka Homberg Wicker at the State of Louisiana’s Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal. His prior experience includes summer clerkships at Kantrow Spaht Weaver & Blitzer in Baton Rouge and at Plauché Maselli Parkerson, LLP, in New Orleans. From 2012 to 2014, he was a paralegal at Sidley Austin in New York City, where, among other things, he assisted in a high-profile fraud defense. Chris has also worked on a number of pro bono matters, including two post-conviction appeals in Alabama.
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, LA, 2017, J.D.
- Connecticut College, New London, CT, 2012, B.A.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Louisiana, State Courts of Louisiana
- "Bundrick v. Anadarko Petroleum Corp.: Has the Subsequent Purchaser Rule Gone too Far?" 29 Tulane Environmental Law Journal, 113 (2015).
- "Coastal Remediation in Louisiana through ‘Legacy’ Lawsuits—Thwarted by a Confusion Between Real and Personal Rights?" 29 Tulane Environmental Law Journal, 435 (2016).